Hi, I’m Darlene Berger! My mission is to coax you and your body into a healing response with tiny acupuncture needles!
Maybe you’ve already tried everything else for a difficult physical or emotional problem, or maybe you want to try a conservative approach to dealing with a health issue before taking medications with disruptive side effects or having risky surgery.
Acupuncture is effective medicine and can be used to treat numerous conditions. It really shines as a treatment for chronic illness, especially those that are worse with stress, and it is a wonderfully relaxing and enjoyable experience. Many clients also benefit from it’s use to prevent illness or injury.
I can help you devise a plan to achieve optimum health with supportive treatments such as acupuncture, moxibustion, electrical stimulation, and cupping, as well as help you select the best herbs and supplements for your condition and constitution.
I want to help you feel the best you possibly can!
My training, and education:
- More than 10 years’ experience as an acupuncturist, nationally board certified by NCCAOM, registered to practice in Michigan, and licensed to practice in New Jersey.
- Previously I owned a community acupuncture clinic where I performed several thousands of treatments on several thousands of unique individuals.
- Graduate of Pacific College of Oriental Medicine in 2007 with a Master of Science in Acupuncture.
- Graduate of Michigan State University with a BA.
- Comprehensive training and experience is available here.
Other stuff about me:
- I enjoy taking my time with clients to understand their needs and concerns, and I think there is healing power in being heard.
- I volunteer twice a month doing acupuncture at FernCare, a free clinic in Ferndale, MI. If you do not have health insurance, you may qualify to receive treatment there. Contact FernCare for more information about that.
- I am a medical history enthusiast, collector of old medical instruments, antiques, and oddities.
Are you ready to get poked!? You can contact me for an appointment by calling or texting me at (248) 385-3033, or if you want to know more about acupuncture, you can explore my blog (coming soon!) and this website, or just shoot me an email with any questions you have about acupuncture! Also be sure to check out my FaceBook page.
Thank you for your interest in me, and in acupuncture!
I look forward to poking you soon!
Darlene Berger, MSAc, RAc